Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Give a Little Bit

Time for some odds and ends again.

First, off a big ASO welcome for Luciana, I have only been trying to get her on here since the inaugural post back on December 9th. My question for her is did you check out the blog at work? Funny how if you are stuck the house raising twin boys you have to get a job just to get out and surf the net. I think Jill may have also started reading but we'll never know for sure.

These are Luch's twins, (Stefano on the left and Marco on the Right), I didn't have a pic of Luch or just both boys so I chose this one. That is not Daddy (Ray) in the photo, it is Luca Palanca. Luca wrote the screenplay and starred in the film Made in Brooklyn. He also dates Luciana cousin Tammy Pescatelli, whom you know from the second season of Last Comic Standing. Now that I just name dropped, I'm going to have to actually get around to seeing the movie.

Next up I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos during the CAVS game and the same thought I always have crossed my mind, "Could I do that job?" How many people think Bob Saget is the second coming of Fred Rogers because of his hosting and role on Full House? If you have ever seen a Bob Saget stand-up, like I had prior to his appearance on either show, you know its generally unrehearsed, and very blue. For those of you not in the know blue means dirty/off-color. Back to the question, I don't think I could do it. I couldn't play a goody-goody stiff for money, I can't even act that way in front of my students.

I was happy to see An Inconvenient Truth collect 3 Oscars Sunday. It honestly changed my life, not enough, but if everyone changed just a little, the results could be huge. One of the awards went to Melissa Etheridge for best song. I like the song, I like Melissa Etheridge, I like that she referred to her partner as her wife, I also like Hillary Clinton, what I don't like is Etheridge showing her support for Mrs. Clinton by trying to look like her.



I was even happier that Little Miss Sunshine won 2 golden statues, I loved the movie and the feeling it gave stuck with me for some reason. I wish it would have won for best picture. I'm glad Scorcese won, and while I liked The Departed I didn't feel it was either his best movie or the years best film.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, I am offended by your love of that crappy Unwelcomed Truth film or what not, ummm, and to wish me death from cancer knowing I have it and likely not long for this world, makes me sicker.

Spungalo said...

Good! You know your Inconvenient Truth is that you smell like an ashtray, you creep girls out, and no one likes you.

Grow Cancer Grow! Carcinogen Inferno!

You know if you'd quit smoking you would eliminate enough carbon emissions for Ron and I to buy matching Humvees.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry, did you say that you couldn't host a show where you stand around making cheesy jokes and goofy faces? Umm, hello? I hate to tell you this because i love you but you are Bob Saget.

Anonymous said...

Also you spelled Stefano wrong. I know how you like to be corrected about anything.

Spungalo said...

you know I wrote it and knew it was wrong. But never went back to correct it. And yes I may make corny jokes and funny faces but they are not G Rated or the humor is in making the bad joke not in the joke actually being funny.

Now on to editing names...

Anonymous said...

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]MiGBhbr[/url] - HoDOydvfVrGL , http://pyfnknfrtw.com