Saturday, February 17, 2007

Wait one minute Buster!

Bracket Buster Saturday is over with the exception of Ohio University's midnight match-up against New Mexico State. The MAC currently stands at 6-5, meaning the worst that could happen is they go .500 if the Aggies down the Bobcats. I believe this proves it's about time for the MAC to get a little more attention and credit, or at least as much as some of the other Mid Majors.

Most importantly both Akron and Kent won today. I was really glad to see Kent won, when I checked the score online it looked like a final with KSU down a bucket, it wasn't until recently that I realized they won. Speaking of which, I swear when I read about these games in the PD a few weeks back the article said the Akron game would be on national television, it wasn't even on local TV. It would have been nice if Toledo could have beaten the Old Dominion, since they beat Akron last Saturday.


#1 Florida lost to Vanderbilt today, and it wasn't even close. Vandy won by 13 pts. Can and OSU win tomorrow put them back in the #1 spot without beating anybody of note? We'll see sports fans, we'll see.

****Update- OU lost to NMS 77-72 after holding an 18 point halftime lead.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Akron was on ESPNU. Grab a dish and join the 21st century Myers

Spungalo said...

I pay 30.00 per month for 300 channels, with all of the On Demands (minus Howard) and all HD channels. Does Direct TV have that plan?

If so I will buy a monkey to climb to the top of the deli to install it.