Sunday, February 4, 2007

Night Fever

I spent the night waking up every 45 minutes, every time either taking medicine or getting a drink. It's difficult to sleep through the night when you've slept all day. The worst thing was I had started to feel better except the headache I had increased in pain 10 fold. I tried a hot bath last night because me body ached so bad, terrible idea, I was so cold getting out and trying to get dressed I thought I was going to vomit I was shaking so bad. But for most of the night I was warm. I woke up at 7:45 with no blanket on me drenched in sweat, but feeling better. I took a hot shower and now I am in a bit of a cold sweat, but I can handle this. I think this would have lasted all week had I not gotten a flu shot.

Now to what I wanted to write about. I did indeed meet Minick out, we went to Applebee's where I had a few Bruti of Killian's. Jay B showed up a little later, and finally we looked around and realized we were keeping most of the staff there, because everyone else had left some time ago. We chose to go to the Nest for last call, not a great idea considering the weather. I had a good time hanging out with Dave and hope to stay in touch this time.

I got my first pie from the new Salvato's Friday evening. They had closed 3 years ago but some guy bought the recipe and I've been waiting since then for him to open a place. Not only is it now open, its in walking distance. They were very busy, I actually couldn't get through on the phone, so Karen stopped in and ordered on her way home, she was told 15 minutes. The good news is it tasted like Salvato's the bad news is it was cold. I don't understand this, if we were told 15 minutes how did they manage to cook the pizza and get it cold before I picked it up. It should stay hot in the box for at least that long. I am not turned off though, I am sure this won't be a problem once things settle down a little bit.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

Salvato's is no longer on Bunker Hill? Their crust was pretty darn good. I ask this, though: Why order from Salvato's when Capo's is in town? That's like cheating on Jaime Pressley.

Glad you're feeling better. Terry's chicken soup must have done the trick.

Spungalo said...

I have always like Salvato's. Especially their crust and their generosity with the toppings. I also like that it tastes completely different than Capo's so it's not like I'm eating a lesser pizza.