Monday, February 19, 2007

Imperial March

I have not read one article yet today about the Indians, all I've seen is a couple of pictures of pitchers throwing, and I am psyched. This snow and cold outside can no longer affect me! The NBA All-Star game is over leaving only about 30 regular season games, and judging by the standings in the East, they may actually be meaningful.

But c'mon the NBA season is only a time passer, it gets you from football to baseball. I do enjoy the playoffs though. We've got 9 days left in February, (that's 18 more minutes of daylight in the evening), then it's March. Conference tourneys will start, then before you know it, the selection show. Then I'm drafting my teams with the Big Friends crew. Then I have to wait Monday through noon Thursday like a kid who wakes up Christmas morning but is made to wait in his room another 3 hours before seeing his presents, to watch and gamble on College Hoops action. This time is usually spent at work making color coded brackets on Microsoft Word. Before you know it, the Final Four has been played, I've shed a tear watching One Shining Moment, and Freakin' Baseball season has started! Of course that Monday opener is followed by the traditionally inexplicable Tuesday off, but I'll get by, the CAVS play that night in their 8th to last game of the season plus I hope ESPN will have a full slate of baseball. Then I only have to work until Thursday, as Good Friday starts my Spring Break.

Old Man Winter you are through, you can't get in my head.

10 comments:

Blogger said...

Impressive, Spungalo. Very impressive.

Can we get some predictions on the Tribe season or is it too early to throw out possible records? I say 89-73 and in the hunt for the Central.

Anonymous said...

I am almost in complete agreement with Rob...I will go 85 and 77 and a wild card team...unfortunately I still think the Tigers will win the Central. The White Sox, for some reason, I think will not have that great of a season...couldn't have anything to do with me breaking up with my girlfriend from Chicago could it?? hmmmm...

Anonymous said...

90 wins is reasonable. The Tigers look to be as good or better than last year - everyone returns, plus Gary. But that does not necessarily make them better than the Indians of '07. I say pennant race to the end, with either one taking the Central and other gets the Wild Card.
Now, back to spring training: could someone please explain to me why BP caps seem to have taken on the look of NASCAR pit crew caps?

Anonymous said...

I'm lookin for the Tribe to hover around a 90 win season. Although, in that division, it could mean a 3rd or 4th place finish. Too much youth in the infield this year to truly consider CLE a Championship contender, but at least they're headin in the right direction.

Spungalo said...

I will hold off on any predictions until the closer position is stabilized. They could very well have 95 wins if games stopped in the 8th inning.

Balogna please feel free to give your Cubs prediction, including starts from Kerry Wood

Anonymous said...

OK-- here goes optomistic Tribe fans:
* over/under Indians wins- 81.
* over/under Cubs win- 81.
* over/under K Wood starts- 0.5.(he is going to be in the bullpen out-of-touch cleveland fans)
* over/under M Prior starts- 20.
* over/under A-Rod/Jeter over-coverage- 162.

Spungalo said...

Sure he'll be in the bullpen. Who's sco smart ass?

Anonymous said...

It deleted the rest of my "Name"-- it was supposed to say "Balonga although it is Bologna except when Scott types it"

Spungalo said...

Actually you didn't delete it, it came thru on my email alert. I knew what you said, but figured I'd fire back since the computer didn't allow that many characters.

Anonymous said...

What are you, the lawyer for Gage-Whitney?