Monday, February 12, 2007

We'll Meet Again

Mattie's meet did not go great Sunday, somehow she has now lost the ability to time her steps on her vault. I am not posting a video because the DVD ended up unreadable. Not sure if I will ever do this since it requires the video to be posted on youtube first, which probably isn't a great idea. There was extra pressure on her when we got there. First it was Championships then we discovered she had been placed in the groupings with the "experienced" gymnasts rather than the "novices." However, her All Around score was not high enough to keep her there for the awards. She ended up in the middle of the pack for most of the events and the All Around.

I blame myself a little for her struggles. I met Karen and Mattie at the event, usually I drive and 20 minutes before we get there we stop talking, and blast the Ramones, while Mattie closes her eyes and goes through her routines step-by-step in her head. This has resulted in her best performances. She also rode with her cousin , putting her attention elsewhere.

Special thanks to Uncle Terry who endured 4 hours of girls gymnastics just because that's the kind of guy he is.

There is another meet in Youngstown this Sunday. The word of the week is FOCUS.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep your head up, Mattie-- I haven't timed my vault steps either, and I know how much my cankles hurt from that.

Big Terry Terr said...

By "the kind of guy he is" he did not mean I like to watch little girls, creeps. I had to say it before you jokers did.

Good luck next weekend Mattie. If the Ramones don't do the trick have your dad play some Metallica from the 80's that was my focus music.

Spungalo said...

Noticed I avoided the phrase "Experienced girls," when I described the placements.