Friday, February 16, 2007

Daughters

As promised here is a picture of my date and I. Tonight was the annual Cinderella Dance at Sts. John & Paul. It's a Daddy/Daughter event held in the High School Gym. Last year's took place during October, actually the same night of the OSU v. Penn St debacle.

As Stim put it, "It's just like high school. The girls are all running around dancing and the guys are standing around talking to each other waiting for a slow song to make their move."

I limited myself to only 2 cupcakes, and equal numbered glasses of punch. Not sure how many Mattie had. It can be a long couple of hours, but at the end they play John Mayer's Daughters as a last dance, and those are definitely 4 minutes that I wish would last an eternity.

4 comments:

Blogger said...

You two make a cute couple. Of course it's Mattie's looks that brings the pair up to "cute."

Anonymous said...

Question: What happens to the daughters without daddies? Are they permitted stand-ins? Seems rather parochial, this delienation <--maybe spelled wrong

Spungalo said...

Yes, they are permitted stand-ins. Even if that stand-in is the only gentlemen of color there and stands against the wall the entire time like he's the freakin' Nation of Islam.

I felt bad and wanted to talk to him, but why I didn't talk to anyone else I didn't know? Plus, what the hell do I open with, "So I see you're the only brother here."

Anonymous said...

Mattie is absolutely beautiful... as for you Scott... well I guess you look nice!