Sunday, February 4, 2007

Sixty Minute Man(ning)

The talk of whether or not Peyton Manning will ever win the big game is over. Every year it's been said that it is now or never for the Colts QB, but now that he's got one Lombardi trophy, and an MVP there's no reason to think he can't get 1 or 2 more. I don't see anyone in the AFC being a big favorite over them next year. Hey, Edge how you loving 'Zona?


My cold sweats stopped around 4:30 enabling me to head over Whit's to watch the game. Unfortunately I was miserable, I guess it's one thing to feel better at home, it's another to feel better around people. I stayed for the 1st half and drank a can of diet Pepsi and a bottle of water, while everyone else enjoyed a plethora of alcoholic beverages. There was also plenty of gambling going on, which I couldn't get involved in because I didn't stop at the MAC machine due to the fact my window was frozen shut. I really wanted to enjoy myself, especially since Whit's wife Amy got a call before the game even started about school being cancelled tomorrow. I just didn't have the energy to talk or be my usually witty self, which I found embarrassing in front of people there I didn't really know. Can you imagine if right now people are saying, "That Spence kid sure is quiet." I might have to send out a press release in the form of a Star Beacon front page reader, apologizing and promising to have people doubled over with laughter next time they see me.


I will be spending the rest of the night watching West Wing season 7, and this episode of Criminal Minds that I have had paused while I was writing this post. Not unsurprisingly I feel pretty awake, having had roughly 28 hours of sleep out of 32.


How about both the National Championship and Super Bowl starting off with kick off returns by the losing team?

3 comments:

Blogger said...

People laughed when i said they should run out of bounds at the 1-yard line. It's bad karma ... and both took 14 seconds.

As I posted on Terry's blog: Let the record show that I predicted Colts 27, Bears 17.

Enjoy your Monday off, Spungalo.

Big Terry Terr said...

Great game, great episode of Criminal Minds, boo having the cold day tommorrow now I have to be at the house at 7:00AM and work what should have been a day off

Anonymous said...

Now if the NBA Finals start off with a kick return for a touchdown, then you got something.