Monday, January 1, 2007

You Learn IV

First let me wish you a better new year than the last. With Karen Graduating in May and hopefully getting her RT license in July I am counting on a good year for the Spence's. Without further ado here are the 3 things I learned this weekend.

1. We go back to school tomorrow. I luckily ran into Miss Anderson, one of the teachers from work this morning and as I said goodbye I told her, "Well, see you in a coupla days." She looked at me like the idiot I am and said, "couple days? You mean tomorrow right?" Of course I was wrong and pretty pissed off. I'm blaming St. John since they don't go back until Wednesday.

2. Michigan does not deserve to be #2. In a sub category Lloyd Carr owes me $15.00. I took scUM and the over and the game didn't even hold my interest. I thought for sure they would beat this USC team but as the joke goes, "How do you make Michigan cookies? Put them in a big Bowl and beat 'em." This should quiet the Gator haters...for now.

3. Kamerion Wimbley was an excellent draft pick for the Browns last year. He finished the season with 11 sacks, I had not realized he was playing this well. Especially since he has somewhat limited playing time while he learned to play in the 3-4 defense. If he was on any number of other teams he would have been talked about non stop. He was a Rookie ranked 3rd amongst Linebackers. It didn't help that there was so much attention paid to Bush, Young, Williams, and Lienart. I hope he is the beginning of some good picks for Savage. As a sub note for some reason the Browns have to win a coin toss for the #3 over all selection in the '07 NFL draft. This wouldn't be a big deal but the team, the Buccaneers, that they flip against beat the Browns Xmas Eve, so the Browns should be ahead of them.

No comments: