Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Doctor Doctor

Last night I was really hoping for a huge UF basketball upset and for the OSU men's team to edge out Wisconsin. Instead the Gators won and from what I saw on the highlights the Badgers got a lot of lucky bounces, or at least just enough to win by 3. I spent the evening watching Talledega Nights again with Karen. When she fell asleep I turned on the Cavs game. I saw pretty much what I expected, another team getting ready to let me down, they have been reeling off wins but were playing their first game in a long West Coast road trip.

It was about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter and LBJ and the boys were down by 17. I got up took Mattie to the bathroom then took my contacts out. I decided I was still a little dehydrated form the previous nights activities, so I got a glass of *****ade, and checked the score: Cavs trailing by 6. I sat down and ended up watching the best half of Cavalier basketball played all season. Between Varejao's taking offensive fouls, Gooden turning the heat up at both ends, and King James about as hot as he's been all year. It was nearly a blowout by the Cavs but this is the NBA and the Sacs made a late run to cut their deficit to 4, but never got closer than that as the boys in wine and gold made their free throws and closed out the game.

Finally, something to cheer about,. A big come from behind win to start off a West Coast swing was just what the doctor ordered. Especially since this little hot streak is bound to end ugly in PHX Thursday night against Jay B's Suns.

5 comments:

Blogger said...

I'm not going to get too excited about the Cavaliers until the playoffs. If they win 50 games and get one of the top four seeds, they're still one series win away from last season's thrilling end.

There is NO reason the Cavaliers shouldn't be in the NBA Finals this season. The East is open for the taking.

Anonymous said...

24 short hours until the Chavs head to the desert to meet Nash, Stoudemire, Raja "You Can Ring My" Bell and my boy, UNLV's own Matrix, Shawn Marion. The men from AZ are riding a seven game win streak versus the Cavs five. Should be colossal, though I'm not sure how PHX became "Jay's boys".

Spungalo said...

They have become your measuring stick for all other teams. "Wait until, insert team, has to go out West and play teams like the Suns."

Is Chavs an insult or a typo?

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get a bill signed that would change the name legally to Chavs, with the added "h" standing for heroic, or possibly hostile, depending on your mood. Dan Gilbert has yet to get back to me. Typical Gilbert shenanigans.

Spungalo said...

Aren't the Chavs the soccer team Randy Learner bought?