Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Blizzard of Oz



The "White Stuff" took about a 24 hour break before returning full force yesterday morning. This was a much wetter heavier snow than what fell on Sunday night. This second round gave Mattingly and I our 2nd snow day. I believe this was fascilitated this time by the fact that temperatures were below zero with the wind chill. It appears that we won't see much more accumulation until Friday, so I guess I have to work the last two days of the week. But I am counting on subzero temps on Monday to present me with a day off after the Super Bowl for the 3rd time out of 5 years of teaching.

*







Here's a story that I'm pretty sure Gary Larson drew a long time ago.

*





****Ammendment to the January 16th post Turn, Turn, Turn. There is actually one thing that makes me angrier than the people who stay in the right hand lane just to go straight, making me wait in the process. These are the drivers that get in the right turn/straight lane and wait the entire red light, THEN TURN RIGHT WHEN THE LIGHT CHANGES!!!!

3 comments:

Blogger said...

Please tell me it's supposed to be in the 50s by late next week.

Spungalo said...

Well I could tell you that...

You should consider moving your stuff here via dog sled, maybe put some skis under your futon.

Anonymous said...

It's so damn cold out there, I saw a snowman set himself on fire.