Monday, January 29, 2007

Snow (hey Oh)

This may be a bit of an odds and end blog entry.


Today is our first, and hopefully not last snow day of the year. Although it doesn't seem any worse than last Thursday when school should have also been canceled. We had more than 50 students stay home that day anyway, and I heard Superintendent Joe Donatone got some angry messages. Whether that helped or not, who knows? By the way these are the results when it stays above 40 degrees all December and half of January, the lake doesn't freeze and the Lake Effect Snow Machine is turned on "full go". That's two city Plows in the picture, and one personal plow truck. This is nothing compared to last night, I went into a store for 20 minutes and came back to 2" of powder on my windshield.


While the CAVS lost yesterday, they were not my favorite team in hoops action. Mattie's intramural Rockets, coached by Stevie Sav, won 10-6. Mattie, played 3 full quarters and filled up the stat sheet with 1 board.

I spent a little time yesterday creating a My Space page, http://myspace.com/spungalo, it is set to private, and there isn't much content currently. I am not really sure what I want to do with it other that use it to tell people about this blog. We'll see where it goes.

I spent time Saturday downloading music from my two new favorite bands. Of course the bands aren't new, just me to them. They are Flogging Molly and Dropkick Murphys. I have had Tessie (watch the video on yahoo music), (history of Tessie), you may know this song as the theme of the Red Sox World Series Championship team. It has been on my mp3 player for a while, but hadn't gotten around to downloading more songs. These bands combine 2 of my favorite types of music, Celtic and Punk. A pick to download from Flogging Molly is currently a tie between, What's Left of the Flag, and Devil's Dance Floor. Also try Workers Song from the Murphys.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a snow day! But I think the more important story is the one not being told: that of the car at the car wash as salt and slush mix with the flaky, white powder. I mean, is that driver cleaning because of a dead body?... Have I said too much?

Spungalo said...

i was actually kind of pissed that was in there. That was the second attempt at that shot. First time looked good on lcd but when I got it on PC the window screen destroyed the shot. So I went back and opened everything, but got a good photo with the plows.

As far as the car wash goes, I see all kinds of crazy shit over there. One night it was 15 degrees out, no snow, 2:30 in the morning, and a guy was in there washing an'86 Dodge Caravan.

On the upside, theres a lot of girls in the summer showing off their T-backs while they vacuum out their rides.

Blogger said...

That's a lot of snow. I think I'm going to put my house on the market and stay down here. Is it stupid to sell a house before you make the first actual payment?

Big Terry Terr said...

I was not happy about the snow day as that meant extra work for me. When my clients stay home we have to scramble to find people to drive in the bad weather for a shift they didn't sign up for. That means it is usually me that works it. F snow days.

Spungalo said...

Take your bad mojo someplace else, mr. blog deserter.