Friday, January 19, 2007

We are the Champions

It's Friday evening and I am already looking forward to Sunday. Why? Because this is Championship Sunday. It has been a few years since I have done this but I am going to the Annual St. John Championship Sunday Reverse Raffle, for the AFC and NFC Championship games. This is probably the best kept secret in the world, and with only 100 tickets that's a good thing. Here is a comparison with the Crow's Nest OSU vs. UF National Championship night. The Crow charged 25.00 for all you could drink from 7:30 until the game ended, (roughly 4 1/2 hours), and put out a decent buffet (Photos Jan 9). The ticket for this event is 30.00, starts at 1 pm and goes until whenever, but at least after the second game, giving at least 8 1/2 hours of boozin' time. The food is brought out in waves throughout the day, including but not limited to pizza, sausage and peppers, sloppy joes, hot dogs, pasta, pasta n beans.... it's pretty much endless, and there's cake. So it's already a steal but then you have to factor in there's a chance at winning a grand or so. There's a bar for drinks but the beer is put out in tubs, so no waiting. And it's a fundraiser for my Alma Mater, How they make money I have no idea.

But wait there's more. You have the choice of additional gambling in the form of sideboards, blackjack, pools, or just a friendly game of Hold 'em at your own roomy round table. The day promises to be a good time I will be going and sitting with Jay B, Steve Perry, Keefer, and Whit. Also in attendanc that I know of will be Kenny Paulchel, Nardu, Silva, Clay, Greg/Jack Ross, Donnie V and probably Donuts.

4 comments:

Blogger said...

Jay, pasta fazul and Donuts ... how can you go wrong? (for the record, I googled "fazul" and came up with this spelling. Knowing that I'm dealing with 'talianos, who knows how wrong this mick could be?)
Enjoy the day and throw some money down for the Saints.

Spungalo said...

There is also "soo-freet" but I didn't add it cuz i couldn't remember the correct spelling. I know it's something close to sore feet but you don't get many food dishes when you google that.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like and event I would love to attened in a future season!

Spungalo said...

well you've got a place to stay.