Sunday, January 21, 2007

It's Hard to be a Saint (In the City)


Alright I know the Saints have become America's team because of all they and more importantly their fans have overcome. I too will be pulling for the Aints, for not as much for this reason. I have also compiled 3 additional reasons to pull for the Fluer-de-lis:


3. Every time the Bears win a few games we have to hear the comparisons to the Super Bowl Shuffle team. In my mind there is no way this team will ever compare to that team, not just on the field but off. Urlacher seems like a pretty cool guy but you can't match the larger that life persona's of McMahon, Refrigerator Perry, Sweetness, Singletary, Dent, and Ditka.


2. Drew Brees. Maybe this reason isn't for everyone but it's been my main reason for following the Saints all year. This guy should have been the Dolphins QB twice! They should have drafted him out of Purdue to replace Dan Marino. After years of inept passing they had a chance at him again and chose to go after a possibly washed-up Dante Culpepper.


1. Sanity. If I have to hear two more weeks of Chris Berman saying "The Monsters of the Midway" in that terrible NFL Films voice over impression, I am going to drive to Bristol and kick him in the skull repeatedly while yelling "New York Football Giants", The Raidahhs", and "The Frozen Tundra of Labeau Field."


1 comment:

Blogger said...

I think Lovie Smith is Tony Dungy's best friend. Along with Urlacher, they have a couple nice guys to root for.
That said, you're 100 percent correct about the Saints and Brees.
As for the Dolhins,I think Dante was washed up the minute Randy Moss left for the Raiders. They should have gotten Brees, but now they'd be better sticking with Joey Heisman.