Saturday, March 10, 2007

Spill the Wine

Karen and I shared a great Lenten meal last night with Laura and Greggarry Jack Ross at Ferrante Winery in Harpersfield. I had this pan fried Grouper that was covered in red sauce with sautéed peppers and olives. It was incredible! And that is saying something from someone who loves fish, but has really never gotten past the pre-adolescent need to put ketchup on it. I don't use tartar sauce or cocktail sauce, just lemon and catsoup. The rest of the group had some different pasta sensations, and very little food was left over. Greg and I drank a bottle of the Rosso, this is their "Dago Red"table wine. I was a little upset because I forgot to order it room temp. like I usually do, but it was good nonetheless. The girls downed a bottle of the Bianco, you probably don't need to be fluent in Italian to know this is a white wine.

Speaking of Italian, I heard a great story last night at the Locker Room. We left the Winery around 10:00 to get to the LR to watch the Kent v. Akron Game. We arrived with about 5 minutes left in the first half, which ended with the Zips down 14.

Sitting at a table were Mos Stef and Susan B. They were carrying on about stories from their St. John High School days. One story in particular had me laughing and amazed all night. My cousin Tom Timonere was their Religion teacher, and he accompanied the class on field trip to New York. While in the Big Apple the group had a meal in Little Italy, (that apparently made half the group sick). After they ate Tom decided to take a picture of all the students in front of the restaurant, now here's the good part, except it wasn't the WHOLE group. He made 2 students, Susan being one of them, get out of the photo because they didn't have any Italian blood! If the St. John haters on the Star Beacon Forum got a hold of this story they would have a field day. Don't get me wrong I like Tom a lot, but this wasn't even an isolated incident, he did the same thing at Ellis Island.

Now back to hoops action...after hearing all the Kent people at the Room giving me hell about the score, and in turn not wanting to hear it when I kept saying at the half, "It's early," AK-Rowdy began it's comeback. Eventually winning 61-54. Karen and I left immediately after he game since she had to work early this morning.

The MAC crown and a berth to the NCAA Tournament will be on the line when Akron takes on Miami tonight at 7 p.m. EST. The Red Hawks defeated Toledo 58-53 in the other semifinal game earlier today. The Championship game will air live on ESPN2.

7 comments:

Blogger said...

Dinner sounds great! I've never eaten there, but I heard it's pretty good.

Spungalo, I'm proud of you for the proper use of "berth." I am now an Akron fan until they lose again. After that, it's back to calling that Roo a Rat.

Spungalo said...

Not that I wouldn't have used berth properly but I can't take credit here. I just cut, pasted and edited the last line from gozips.com.

Oh and this blog entry is for Italians only, you'll have to wait on the side.

Big Terry Terr said...

Z-I-P-S
ZIPS
ZIPS
ZIPS
F@#* Yeah!

Big Terry Terr said...

"Spill the Wine"
Thanks now I am singing Eric Burden and I will never get it out of my head.
Here's a little Mungo Jerry for you.
"In the summertime when the weather is high,
you can stretch right up and touch the sky,
when the weather is fine,
you got women, you got women on your mind.
Have a drink, have a drive,
go out and see what you can find."

I love the "Have a drink, Have a drive" part. Great message to the youth of this great nation. Your boy Mungo.

Big Terry Terr said...

Well I no longer have spill the wine in my head just Mungo Jerry.

Blogger said...

Hater.

Laura J said...

Greggarry Jack Ross (you know nhis twin is named Gary, that makes the moniker even better) started Sunday off right with Starbucks brewed at home, and me reading a loud from Scott's blog. It has replaced "The New Yorker" with our morning intelligent reading. We get even more out of your blog then from those witty animal cartoons. We had a great time with the Spences on Friday. It is too bad that Ferrente's does not offer the discount with the Golden Buckeye card.