Saturday, March 24, 2007

Figure of Eight


In what I believe to be unprecedented fashion we head into the fourth round of the NCAA tournament with out a Can of Corn winner. As far as Big Friends go, this makes the Elite Eight not so elite, since each of us has a team left. All of these teams are our first round picks. Of course, mine was the only one that took any knowledge or skill. As mentioned before I had the last pick of the opening round. While the the first 4 guys took 1 seeds, and the next three took 2's, I rightly chose to pass on Wisconsin and take 3 seeded Oregon. Of course this pick was panned by the group of no-nothings at the time. Even I have to admit I knew very little about the Ducks, but I did like the Badgers to get upset. Plus I can be cocky now that there's no chance that the Corn will be making a return visit, even though Rick called me before the Oregon v. UNLV game and told me to tell Karen not to dust. The trophy will be going to the loser of the OSU v. Memphis due to the simple fact that is the first game to finish.

Here are the standings and teams left:

Spence 14 pts Oregon
Jerk 13 pts Florida
Dragon 13 pts Memphis
Stim 11 pts Kansas
Orlando 11 pts Georgetown
Kovacs 9 pts UNC
Mead 8 pts UCLA
Nottke 8 pts The Ohio State University


In an unrelated story: click to view image full size----------------->

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spence, this blog ain't big enough for the both of us!!!!

Spungalo said...

Well your 55. I'm 31 and in peak physical condition.