Monday, March 19, 2007

Never On a Sunday

Staring in the bottom left corner bottom, moving clockwise:
Stof, Dragon, O, Mead, Stim, Nottke, Joe Pete, Augie, Jerk, Tom Penna, Kov


Big Friends Weekend ended with the closing of the Crows Nest St. Patrick's night, actually more like 1:30 am. People always ask, "You guys don't get together Sunday?" Absolutely not, by Saturday evening no one can stand each others voice or smell, and the Jerk just wants everyone O-U-T!

Some people go into a depression after the Holiday Season, I go into one for a couple of days after Big Friends Weekend. I look forward to it all year, especially in the winter, on Thursday it seems like it will never end, then it does...quickly.

I forgot my laptop with my spreadsheet of teams and points, so I'll have to post them tomorrow. I can tell you I am leading in points and teams left. This is only setting me up for the big let down that is soon too follow. Not unlike having Duke and Gonzaga both upset last year on Thurday night. At least I have someone playing on Friday. Remember, it's the first guy to lose all his teams.

The quote of the weekend may have come in the car on the way to the Nest. Paul Stoffan and Donnie Vincenzo had been saying all weekend how goofy we are, how they can't figure out how these guys are even still close friends with what is said to each other and how they come to watch us and not basketball. Donnie V. was driving us and Rick from the back seat goes, "Donnie, you and Stoffan, you guys appreciate us X-men." Here he is just after his quip practicing for a back seat field sobriety test.

Speaking of Stof, he made the mistake Thursday of telling us that in the 80's he had a jacked up truck with his own picture airbrushed on the head light covers. He was even, "thick-skinned" enough to bring this one to let us make fun of it, and we did not disappoint. We told him he was lying and that he stole this off of Rafael Palmeiro's truck. Thanks for the laughs Stof.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

I want Jerk's basement! Where can I get a 100-inch TV? I already have the drunken friends, but a 27-inch TV won't keep them around forever.

Spungalo said...

he just replaced his old projector, that cost around 3 grand with a new one that is much clearer for 600.00. As cheap as a 32 in. flat panel.