Monday, December 11, 2006

You Learn

Now that I have had time to reflect back on the weekend I discovered there were 3 things I learned that need to be shared with others.

The first was that my brother the Jerk has his own blogspot. The pictures from the game are newly added, the foot picture was the opener when I first saw it.

Second thing I learned: Having the Browns lose on Thursday, makes my Sundays much more enjoyable.

Third and perhaps most important is my new favorite thing about the hoidays, Holiday Specialty Brews. My 3 favorite in order of taste:

1. Great Lakes Christmas Ale-had the first one of these ever probably 9 years ago in Kent. I was with Robbie T, and Mark Pucci was also there.



2. Blue Moon Winter Ale- Knew I liked Blue Moon Belgiian White, so i gave this a shot one night with Jay Vegas.



3. Winter's Bourbon Cask Ale-Also tried this one last week with Jay while we watched Brewfest and considered hosting our own events.




Also receiving votes- Pete's Wicked Winter Ale, Samuel Adam's Winter Lager, and Goose Island Christmas Ale


Spuncie General's Warning: Here's a toast to all of you and a reminder that if you try one of these brews tread lightly the alcohol content is more than double that of your average domestic swill.

6 comments:

Blogger said...

Good times. I agree with Great Lakes at No. 1 and have one Cask Ale left in the fridge. Bolls thinks it's too "vanilla-y," but Robby likey.

Spungalo said...

Bolls is too Vanilla-y

Anonymous said...

I read this post and decided this was one I could chime in on. Well, what do you know, I have already had my opinion aired. Anyways, I too, have become infatuated with Holiday brews. I was so excited at Giant Eagle the other day, as I picked up the Coors Winterfest and a Sammy Adams Brewmaster pack (Black Ale, Brown Ale, Original, Boston Ale and Scotch Ale) Do yourself a favor!
Here is my order of what I have tasted this winter:
Sammy Adams Winter
Great Lakes Christmas Ale
Coors Winterfest
Cask Ale

I must try Blue Moon winter, as BM has quickly become a summer favorite for me.

Thanks for a great post

Spungalo said...

You know what's funny is that Blue Moon is brewed by Coors. And the Cask Ale is brewed by Anheuser Busch.

Explains why both have a high alcohol content but not the bite of the GL Xmas ale.

BTW welcome, and sorry I had to call you vanilla-y to get you to post.

Anonymous said...

Looked for the Blue Moon at Acme tonight, but no luck. Did you buy this, or have it at a bar?

Spungalo said...

Bought it at a beverage store. Surprised they didn't have it if they carry the white.