Saturday, December 30, 2006

I Push Rhymes like Weights

Today I finally made my return to Premiere Fitness. 10 months ago I was going to the gym so often my chiroprator told me I needed to cut back. So after my visit to Robbie T's in Dallas I pretty much took a 5 month break. A lot of this I can blame on the schedules of Karen, Mattie, and my own but basically it came down to laziness. Not about doing my workout as much as it is about packing my bag everyday to go. Plus, once you get out of the routine it's hard to get back into it, this was my reasoning for going 6 days a week at one point.

When I started last February I was 205 lbs and the heaviest I'd ever been, by the time I went to Big D i was a svelt 185. Going from 36" waist to a 33". I got on the scale today...194lbs. Amazingly I am still wearing my 33's with no clue how. My hope in writing about this is not not because people really care, but I figure if I tell people about it I will have to keep going back an updating you about it. Of course, I picked a day to start when the gym is closed the next 2 days due to holidays.

2 comments:

Blogger said...

On a positive note: You are the only one I know who has actually used the gym at my complex.

Also, I wouldn't have guessed you were almost 10 lbs. heavier this Christmas, so it's at least manageable.

Good luck, Spungalo. I expect 185 by "shorts weather" and/or porch beers.

Spungalo said...

Go to Hell..its 9lbs,

and it's a little easier to hide in winter clothes.