Thursday, December 14, 2006

Life in the Fast Lane

Alright, so when I went to take the Nativity picture I pulled up close and realized the batteries were dedd. So in a hurry I ran up the hill to the Dollar General and bought batteries. On the way back I experienced a terror only Ashtabula people know about, I looked up and I was behind Pierre DeLuia, Some know Pierre as Scott Vargus' grandfather, other as the fried pizza guy at the Mt. Carmel Bizarre, others as the old man that sits in the harbor McDonald's and drinks free coffee refills all day, but all know him as the last person you want to get behind when you are in a hurry.

This photo was taken as I was driving. Mind you this was going up Mary Street Hill, which has a posted speed of 35 mph, and most people do closer to 45. If you look closely at the picture you will see Pierre's red slow-motion machine, the crack in my front windshield, and my spedometer locked in at a breakneck paced 20 mph. Going up this hill at 20 makes you feel like you are going to start rolling backwards, but this is Pierre's top speed. After seeing my flash he yelled out his window, "Get off my ass hot rodder!"

4 comments:

Laura J said...

Being stuck behind Pierre is the equivalent of being trapped in trffice for the duration of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day PArade. It is phenomenal that cars run that slow without stalling.

Anonymous said...

Be nice my child, you will someday be old and ignoring everyone that is telling you that YOU shouldn't be driving anymore!!
You didn't say if you yelled back. I don't know if I would be too busy laughing (this story made ME laugh) or so mad I'd have to yell some obscenity back.
I have a nickname for you finally, after all these years. Hotrod. Cute.

Blogger said...

Pierre is right. You crazy kids drive to fast and play your music too darn loud.

xoxo

Mr. Munger

PS ... I hope those tomatoes gave you the squirts.

Spungalo said...

He actually didn't yell that, I could be attatched to his rear bumper and he wouldn'r see me back there.

The scary thing isn't that he's driving that slow it's that he has been doing htis for at least the last 20 years.