Saturday, December 23, 2006

Happy Festivus!


Today, once again is Festivus. Festivus is a holiday that was introduced on the Seinfeld episode, "The Strike" on December 17, 1997. I held, with the help of friends, Chuck's Bar, and an old basketball pole, what I like to claim as the first Festivus party six days later on the 23rd. This of course being the actual/fictional date of Festivus. Now there are Festivus books, ice cream, and parties all over the country.

My Festivus parties continued until 2001, ("Festivus 2001: A Spence Odyssey," where my blog borrowed its name from), when a series of unfortunate events occurred, mostly involving massive quantities of Crown Royal and Deviled Eggs. Henceforth, Festivus has been banished from Chuck's Bar and has been forced to live on in the hearts of it's faithful and purgatory of the Ashtabula Bar Scene.

Plans for this years Festivus for me involve a mid afternoon pool tourney at the Kerneklian's. This event should also see the arival of Rob Thomas, who is in town for the holiday season, and to house hunt in Cuyahoga Falls. Once we are good and primed we will probably head to the Crow's Nest. Check back tomorrow for details.

It is my goal to bring Festivus back with in the next to years, so look for invitations. Until then a a charitable donation has been made in your name to the Human Fund.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Festivus 2001 ... Ah yes. Yikes, I seem to remember vomit (not mine).

I suck at Feats of Strength but that doesn't stop me from trying.

PS ... Found a house in the Falls and made an offer. We'll see.