Sunday, December 10, 2006

I'll Tumble For You II


Due to some terrible photography by my staff, (me), the picture to the right is the best one I took today and I had to run it through an auto fix just to get it to look this good. Overall, Mattingly did awesome! she placed 4th in the All Around. Here is the breakdown of today's rotations:

Floor 7.8- We took a slight dip in the score here because Mattie fell on one of her skills. Unfortunately its was the bridge that leads into a back walkover, something she's been doing for a year. I believe this mistake cost her a full point, so we will be expecting near an 8.8 next time. I am proud of her for immediately standing back up and doing it right.

Uneven Bars 7.3- Okay I know where are the higher scores I promised and whined about? Mattie was unable to make a full rotation on her mill, (this is where you go around with one leg on one side of the bar and one on the other), but she nailed her dismount for the first time in competition. The score didn't bother me because all of the girls scored low, Matt was actually second highest from Chalk Box in her age group/level. Hey be good, be bad, just be consistent.

Vault 8.3- This is the only event where you are given two attempts, the first one was okay, but was more in the 6.9 range, her second was without a doubt the best one I have seen from her. I don't know what 2 girls in her age/level got but she was the highest of the girls whose scores I did see. Not to shabby after placing dead last at 15th and 16th in her prior meets. Safe to say that Vault is no longer our focus.

Beam 8.6- Another increase, Beam is without a doubt the event that makes me the most nervous, yet Mattie has yet to fall off the beam in competition. From my limited knowledge I think she just needs to work on being tighter and straightening her toes.

Well Mattie will not have another meet until the first week in February, yes Super Bowl weekend, please join me in prayer as I ask my savior and Lord Jesus to make the level 3 meet be on Friday or Saturday...Amen.

1 comment:

Blogger said...

From your fingers to God's laptop, Spungalo.