Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Here We go a Caroling


Mattingly had her school music program tonight. It was the first good one they have had at Sts. john & Paul since she's been there. This was all due to the new music director, Mrs. Joan Johnson (pictured at right with Mattie). As Robbie I'm sure remembers Mrs. Johnson was the long time 8th grade teacher at Mother of Sorrows. She also was responsible for all Xmas/Spring Music Programs, and they were always top notch.

I always liked Mrs. Johnson, or Jay Jonah as Kenny Petros and I called her. She was the first teacher to appreciate my sense of humor and told me so all of the time. She is officially retired, and I have actually requested her as a sub before. When she left that day she put a note on my desk telling me how proud she was of me, one of the few pieces of paper that I didn't throw away at the end of last year.

Thank you Mrs. Johnson for having a positive impact on my life.

4 comments:

Blogger said...

I loved Mrs. Johnson, though I don't think she appreciated my sense of humor quite as much.

Mrs. Thompson was my Mrs. Johnson.

Anonymous said...

I'll give you one Jeff Petrunger for a Mrs. Thompson and a Mrs. Johnson, and I'll even toss in a Joe Noter for good measure. Just throwin some love toward M.T.C.

Ricardo A. Pugliese said...

Boo Hoo I'm shedding a sentimental (GAY) tear

Spungalo said...

I kinda had an up and down relationship with Mrs. Thompson, she likes the sauce you know? We had a DC field trip in 7th grade, Mrs. Johnson spent much of 8th grade listening to us comlain about how mean she was on that trip.

Jay, you know I got nothin' but love for my cousin Jeff, and I do wish I could have had him one year for Social Studies. And he must be a good teacher if he put up with all of you cocky assed MTC kids, hell you guys even took the cocky ked from St. Joe's in 8th grade.