Monday, April 30, 2007

Eazy Duz It

Is it possible the Browns managed to get a third potential 1st round pick? It appears they did when they traded back into the 2nd round to select Eric "Eazy-E' Wright a cornerback out of UNLV. Eazy had some off field issues early in his college career at USC, where he was a standout on some awfully good Trojan teams. He was arrested for a date rape drug and police found 136 ecstasy pills in his apartment, which he shared with other students. No charges were ever issued. However, USC decided to uphold his suspension.

Wright left and went to UNLV where he sat out a year to regain eligibility. He played in 9 games and had 3 picks. More importantly he lived in the LV for 2 years and never had any sort of additional problems. Meaning even in Sin City trouble couldn't find him. He appears to be a good hearted kid, he attended a Catholic High School and according to all who knew him prior and after the allegations seem completely out of character.

Draft Guru Mel Kiper said he had Wright as the 42 over all pick, the Browns took him at 53. Kiper's ranking was based on his character issues and all that means to an NFL organization, especially with issues like Pac-Man Jones' suspension and Bengals spending more nights in Cincinnati jails than Otis did in Mayberry's. He went on to say that without these off the field issues Wright would have been a mid 1st round pick; right up there with the other top CBs.

Additional Notes:

*Really couldn't Troy Smith have gone someplace where I could have rooted a little for his team?

*I am extremely proud of the Browns organization, not just for the draft but also for their class. The team made a point Friday to call Brady Quinn and let him know that they would not be taking him with the 3rd pick, so that he could prepare himself for that.

*I never thought I'd say this but I was extremely impressed with Keyshawn Johnson as a draft analyst. Not many current players, particularly those with egos like Keyshawn, make statements about how their team will have to draft a player at their position to replace them soon.

*I hate that once again the media has chosen to focus on what a talented yet jerk of a receiver's attitude will have on his new team. I will boycott Cold Pizza all summer if I have to see pictures of Moss riding an exercise bike in his driveway.

*How about this kid from American Samoa by way of the University of Hawaii the Browns took? He's a Defensive End and looks a little like The Rock to me. "Do you smellellellellellellellelllelelel, what Melila Purcell is cooking?"

*Will you watch Colts games with anymore interest now that they have drafted 3 Buckeyes in one year? I know I will.

*Are you tired yet of the fans that go to Radio City Music Hall, (mostly Giants and Jets fans), who boo every pick that isn't a RB, QB, or WR?

*Would someone please tell Chris Berman that people hate him and are tired of him not being able to just say certain teams names like a normal human being? I want to pour hot wax in my ears to seal them off every time I hear, "The Ray Dahs" or "the New York Football Giants."I mean c'mon it's every freakin' time!

*On a CAVS note: Do you realize that if they win tonight according to our friends at God Hates Cleveland Sports, it will be only the 2nd time a Cleveland team has swept a playoff series in 34 tries?

*Kov, if you click in the circle that says other, you can put your name as the commenter rather than in the script.

*Finally, out of the 3 players in the photo above, which draft pick gets injured first at next weeks rookie camp?

7 comments:

Blogger said...

I'm going to pretend you didn't bring up the "I word" to end this post.

I love the notes section of the post, too. Very well done, Spungalo.

Let's hope Phil and Romeo took a GIANT step toward saving their jobs with this draft.

I didn't hear it, but I imagine Boomer said "Nobody circles the wagons like ..." at least once (if not seven times.

Anonymous said...

Since this is Cleveland...Thomas will be the first to get hurt; Quinn will chronically underperform and Wright will likely get arrested for drugs or on gun charges.

Anonymous said...

OK let me try this again

Spungalo said...

Oh imagine that Kov picks the black guy to get arrested. Just kidding, he is the one with the tarnished record.

Really as a Cleveland fan I'm just praying for one to live up to the hype. I'm just surprised the jet that brought them to town didn't crash.

Big Terry Terr said...

8 Ball in hand that's what I got
Hey yo, you see Eazy earlier in the parkin' lot
Bumped your woman stepped on her toe, asked her to dance (Hell No)
Called her a B#*ch cause thats the rule
Boyz n the hood trin' ta keep me cool

Anonymous said...

It's weird he would need the date rape drug. I mean, doesn't he have b&$#@es galore? Sure, you may have a lot of b&$#@es, but he has much more.

Spungalo said...

Good thing for him Nifong wasn't the prosecutor in LA.