Tuesday, May 1, 2007

One Moment in Time

STOP EVERYTHING!!!

Can I please just freeze time right here and now? I am living in a Bizaro world. My favorite football team and NFL doormat Cleveland Browns are currently the toast of the league for pulling off a coup d'etat at this years draft. The longtime down trodden Cavaliers have just completed their first ever sweep of a playoff series, with not just LeBron James but also with help from the guys that are suppose to help. Namely Z and Larry Huge. Don't try to rain on my parade either and tell me who was hurt and what should of happened.

Most importantly, and I know it's early, but how about my AL Central leading Cleveland Indians? They've had snow-outs. Played home games in Milwaukee, (“In fact it's pronounced mill-e-wah-que, which is Algonquin for 'The Good Land'”). And have had umpires tack on runs 3 innings after a player crossed the plate. Through it all the Tribe is 14-8, they've won 7 out of 8 series, and are 1.5 games ahead in what is going to be a tight 4 team, season long race for the division title. Perhaps most impressive is the fact that they really haven't started hitting yet. They are sending down 2-0 Fausto Carmona, (Should be 3-0 thank you Brioschi!), because they don't have a spot in the rotation for him with Cliff Lee returning from his rib cage injury. Then there is spot started Jason Davis in the bullpen with a 1.29 ERA and future closer Fernando Cabrera and his 1.50 ERA coupled with 18 K's in 12 innings.

I know it's a long baseball season ahead. I know the CAVS swept a team whose 2 best players watched in suits. I know football season is a long ways away, and all three top picks could potentially be huge flops. BUT! I am choosing to live in the here and now, actually if I could I would stop time so I cold have this feeling forever. Hopefully this will feeling will last at least one more day since Indians Ace C.C. Sabathia (3-0 3.18) toes the rubber tonight, because I know by next week I will probably hate at least 2 of the 3 teams.

****Editor's Note check out the Mean Mr. Mustard post, (Thursday, April 26th 2007) Stadium Mustard posted and refuted my time line. Unfortunately, he was correct.

4 comments:

Blogger said...

How about a 12-4 Indians win to cap your great day?

Of course, Joe Thomas will probably get a staph infection, LeBron will ONLY shoot fade-away threes and the Tribe will lose five straight.

This is Cleveland, and everyone knows how God feels about Cleveland sports.

Anonymous said...

Drink that Kool-Aid(R) while you can Scott. When you get to be my age, you will absolutely KNOW that the Indians will break your heart. I swore in 2005 that I wouldn't get emotionally attached to them...then in September they caught fire only to choke in the last week. I'm sure that being a Cleveland sports fan has taken more years off my life than my eating and drinking habits.

Spungalo said...

Looks like I can't hate the CAVS for another week. With the time the Jersey vs. Raptors series is going to take and time between who knows when we'll see another CAVS game?

I don't really feel the same about the Cavaliers as I do the Browns and Indians but at this point I will take a broken heart over apathy and disinterest.

Kov unfortunately, for the franchise, I've been alive long enough to remember as many post season heartaches as you.

Anonymous said...

Pardon me sir, but why am I not a featured act on your site?