Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Barack Show

Yesterday I was asked to cover the Barack Obama appearance on Late Show with David Letterman. I was watching a movie so I TiVoed Dave, except when I went to watch it, it wasn't there. First thing this morning I got on YouTube, it had bee posted and removed already by the user. Not sure why, but I believe it has something to do with CBS' ownership rights of the program. I tried back a few minutes ago and someone else had posted the video.

Obama did really well, and I think his intelligence and sense of humor showed through at the same time. His responses were well thought out when needed to be and off the cuff funny when the opportunity presented itself. He even used humor to avoid answering questions about an Obama/Clinton or Clinton/Obama Democratic ticket, knowing it is too early for either to think about running for second place. Either way this possibility, (maybe even probability), has got to scare the hell out of the Republican Party. They may get Guliani to stand toe to toe with one of them, at least in their opinion, but its going to be a 2 on 1 fight.

My favorite part of the interview was when they were discussing what it is going to take to rebuild America's relations with the rest of the world, which have suffered due to this war. He said, "People outside of this country are expressing disappointment because they have high expectations for America. They want America to lead, they want America to lead through our values, through our ideals, through our examples. But they have high expectations of us because I think this country is still the last best hope on earth." It's responses like these that make me realize why I like him so much, I believe he is the candidate that can make us truly proud to be Americans again.

All that aside, I am ready to watch some freakin' Indians baseball tonight! No matter where they are playing. For those of you that turn to ASO for all your news, and I pray you don't exist, the Tribe was within one strike of an official win on Good Friday, that game was rescheduled as a double header the next day, then snowed out and the pattern continued through Monday. What was supposed to be a home series against the Anaheim Angels is being played in Milwaukee over the next 3 days, costing the Indians and more importantly the city of Cleveland hundreds of thousands in revenue.

No comments: