Sunday, May 20, 2007

Johnny (and Scotty) Hates Jazz

It is pretty easier for me to decide which team to root for out West in the NBA Conference Finals. I will be putting a full cheering effort behind Jay's Spurs, (Yes he actually loves every team in the West, Suns, Spurs, Warriors...)

I am not a huge Spurs fan, I liked the Admiral and have enjoyed watching Duncan's game since he was at Wake Forest, but I HATE CARLOS BOOZER. The CAVS tried to do him, and themselves, a favor by letting out of his contract to then resign him for more money and a longer term. Boozer deserved the increase because of his play and "undervalue" 2nd round pick contract. This whole process was illegal by NBA rules, nonetheless, it happens plenty. Utah found out about what was going on and the Jazz offered Loozer a max contract. The CAVS couldn't/wouldn't match it and off he went.

I had kind of gotten over all of this since he was hurt a lot over the last three years, and the Jazz struggled. Not to mention he just happened to be hurt every time the Jazz traveled to C-town, until this year, (A CAVS victory). Couple this with the play of Gooden and Varejao and he wasn't missed that much. But now seeing what he is doing in the playoffs after a career season, I have begun to imagine just how incredible the Cavaliers could be if he still wore the wine and gold.

Interruption-in a related story ex-Indian prospect Brandon Phillips who has become an Indian killer in this interleague weekend series just walked out from under a flyball in the grass behind 2nd base.

If he stayed we wouldn't be worried about who is going to step up and help King James every night. Nor would we be making laughable comparisons of Larry Hughes to Scottie Pippen. Boozer would be there scoring 20+ and nearly matching his points in rebounds every night. Also I would have actually gotten a chance to wear my, "It's All About the Booze" t-shirt before I threw it away.

At least we don't have to deal with looking at BamBoozer's acne anymore. And, neither Drew nor Andy have ever had Prince as their $70,000 per month tenant, then sued him for splashing some purple paint around the place to make it more livable.

GO SPURS!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As far as myself being partial to teams from out West.
A) The Warriors were the Cinderella team of this year's postseason, and I had to give them props.
B) The Suns are fun to watch on the offensive end.
C) I've been a casual Spurs fan since probably '89. I purchased a Spurs T-shirt and hat at one point, and I've never even owned a so much as a Cavs bumper sticker. So, I guess the Spurs are my true West team.