Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Open Arms

I got called to the office first thing this morning. Was I late? Was I in trouble? Was I getting fired? Was a parent ready to beat me up? Nope worse than all that, the Severe Behavior Handicap teacher was not going to be in, and the sub they had sent had no chance of handling the room. I was being asked by the secretary to take the room for the day and have him sub for me, as he had done Monday. Reluctantly I said yes, hoping to receive 72 virgins in Heaven.

It was pretty much chaos from the get go. At one point there were 7 adults and 7 students, and it wasn't enough. One girl ad flipped out and 2 school psychologists had her in a restraint hold. It went on for 20 minutes before I went over and offered to help. We flipped her onto her stomach, I had her legs above her knees, and one Psych had her upper body. Her arms were pinned under her which made her able to leave these nice claw marks on my left forearm, it's worse than it is in this picture. It was a Hell of a day.

This post was suppose to be about Mattingly's First Communion Sunday, but I can't find my camera, and probably left it in Canton. Some freakin' Peter Parker I'd make. Speaking of Spidey, Karen, Mattie and I went to go see the newest wall crawler movie. Terry tried to meet us there, but due to incompetence of his co-workers he had to handle a crisis.

I loved it, as I knew I would, but it comes in third in my rankings of the 3 movies, (2, 1, 3). The great part about the Spider-man characters is that it's really a story about putting the good of others before yourself, and the struggle no give up your dreams to do what is right. 3 had plenty of this, but it was a little more scattered than the previous two. As a reader of Spider-man comics, they could not have done a better job with Venom and Sandman. It looked completely realistic, while keeping the integrity of the comic panels.

Another cool plus was how obvious it was when scenes took place in Downtown Cleveland. I don't know the city enough to point out a specific intersection, but I am familiar enough to recognize store fronts. Check out the scene where Sandman robs an armored car.

Well I should stop before I give anything away. I promise Mattie pix as soon as I find my camera. Until then here is one of her as the 4th Simpson:

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously, I would like to know how long it takes you to write an individual piece to be displayed on your blog...I am certain that the picture doesn't do justice to what really happened to your arm. It is an absolute pity that children are so disturbed that they would not only physically harm another human being but in many cases harm themselves! Good luck with that healing and hopefully, for you, this doesn't become a trend.

Blogger said...

Sorry to hear about the crazy kid, Spungalo. This would never happen if you moved to Cuyahoga Falls. I'm just saying ...

Anonymous said...

Are you sure the kid didn't bite you in the head? By my count, Mattingly would be the sixth Simpson (which, by the way, would be a great title for a campy horror movie).

Anonymous said...

Shut up, sit down!

Spungalo said...

The sad thing is that these students could control themselves better, but parents either don't give them thier meds, or doctors aren't available, or you have a pediatrician treating a child who needs a psych eval.

Kov, it was supposed to say 4th Simpson kid, I don't know what happened, I must have erased it.

Anonymous said...

doh!