Sunday, June 3, 2007

You Need a Hug

THEY DID IT!
The Cavaliers are going to the NBA Finals for the first time in their history. I'm sure you either watched the game or don't care, but either way you don't need my take on it. I just have two things I'd like to point out that really stuck out to me.

1. This picture. My favorite thing of the whole night was that at the buzzer the first thing LeBron did was look for Z to hug. He knows the ups and downs Z has been through with this team and his health, plus the tragedy in his personal life earlier this season when his wife delivered still born twins. While fans all over Cleveland cried to get rid of Z, LeBron was in the front office saying I need him, resign him.

2. Daniel "Boobie" Gibson. How good is this kid? I think Sports Center had the best analogy, calling him Robin to James' Batman. I know that's a common reference, but it's perfect when considering the size of the players and how LeBron has brought him along. My thoughts about Boobie go back to hi first couple of games. There was one in particular where he missed a lot of shots, and you could see LeBron telling him don't worry about it just keep shooting. The CAVS lost that game, and that was okay with BronBron, because he knew what he was doing. He was giving this kid permission to play his game, in turn his confidence led to Gibson's confidence in himself, which then turned into some outstanding games in the Eastern Conference Finals.

I'm keeping it short so that's it. Except to say "Thanks Indians for ruining it."
Game 1 is Thursday at 9pm
Oh Yeah and Bye Bye Sheed!

4 comments:

Blogger said...

The Z hug got me, too. That was more than a man-tap. That was love.

Spungalo said...

Yeah, rick hugged me the same way after the game.

BWAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to sweep LeBron's legs out from under him.

Anonymous said...

I am especially looking forward to putting Andy V. through a table.