Sunday, June 10, 2007

I Want Candy

This weekend I traveled to beautiful Salem, Ohio for the wedding reception of Mr. and Mrs. Ray Esterly. Due to the extreme amount of alcohol imbibed, in excess of 20 beers, I never considered snapping an actual photo of the bride and bridegroom. Instead I have this one of Helen slightly and gry that we are still at the hotel a half hour after the reception was scheduled to begin and her parents were still 20 minutes away. Ray on the other hand looks absolutely fabulous in this number, Suit by Hugo Boss, hand bag by Coach.
Oh by the way they were officially married in December, but waited for better weather for the reception. I am not sure how I made it until 3 in the morning, I was on 4 hours sleep, and ready to take a nap in the Jeep as soon as it was under shade. That was at 6:30, by 7:30 I was ready to keep drinking, which is exactly what I did.
Ray and Helen, thank you for the invite, I had a great time, of course how could I not with the group of guys that were there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good morning.

By the way, I know it is an afternoon posting, but the tagline above is my "shtick" or persona.

1) When you travel somewhere, say "...Salem, Ohio...", one is using the comma to seperate city from state. One must also "close out" that separation by adding another comma after Ohio. Thus: "This weekend I traveled to beautiful Salem, Ohio, for the wedding..."

2) You humorously wrote: "Instead I have this one of Helen slightly and gry that we are still at the hotel a half hour after the reception was scheduled to begin and her parents were still 20 minutes away. Ray on the other hand looks absolutely fabulous in this number, Suit by Hugo Boss, hand bag by Coach." One might categorize Helen as slightly, but to call her gry is an insult. I suppose you meant to say slightly angry. But that Ray holding her purse and then getting yelled at when he asked her if she wanted it back in the room was the top moment I wish I had taken video of (as well as the serenade and the "ride"... hehe). But I do believe it is handbag, not "hand bag".

3) It is a touching email, and "Ray and Helen, thank you for the invite, I had a great time, of course how could I not with the group of guys that were there" is a sentiment shared by all of us (how bad was that karaoke?).

Bye for now

Spungalo said...

The extra comma just looked messy. To hell with the rules. Besides the real error was referring to it as beautiful.

You are probably correct on the proper spelling of hand bags. But in the fashion world it appears to be a compound word.

Karaoke almost got much better, but Glass of Honey got drug out of their, kicking and screaming mind you, before they could take the stage. Also, it could have gotten really ugly if I would have had my way and performed the Charlie Daniels Band's Uneasy Rider. (Song about a hippie who ends up in a redneck bar).

Anonymous said...

I was about to sing R Kelly and they might have all killed me.

Spungalo said...

I was certainly to drunk to stop them, or to care.