Tuesday, September 18, 2007

This Letter

Okay, I want to move any discussion about what letter was written and who thought it shouldn't be to a separate post. This seems like an interesting topic, one I knew nothing about. The original anonymous comment about it was topical, and I understand why someone would feel the need to respond. However, I want to move this fight away from my post about a young boy dying.

I had not heard this about the letter, but I believe the person who informed us of it to be in the know. That is is it is who I think it might be. If nothing else I think it's safe to assume they are a teacher and chose to remain anonymous for fear of ramifications at work. Now, as to why the person who declared this just a rumor would hide their identity I have no clue. You don't jeopardize anything for saying what you think and stand to gain respect for standing up.

Anyway, I hope this isn't but I have a strong feeling it is true. And I'll admit that's about all I'm brave enough to say about it at this point, other than thank you Mr. Donatone for doing the right thing here. All I ask is that if this requires further discussion please do it here, I am all for debate and arguing but not when attached to a post that I cried while writing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Based on what I know about Joe Donatone, I'm surprised that he actually wrote a sympathy note. I would have pegged him as the person that didn't want to do it. That's probably the best thing he's done since he's been the super.