Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I've Got You Babe

There was an entire room dedicated to George Herman "Babe" Ruth. Ruth spent a lot of time during his career visiting sick kids in hospitals and corresponding with them. One wall had a framed letter, (over Rob's right shoulder), he had written to a young boy afflicted with Polio, Ruth wrote him words of encouragement, including telling him to picture one day hearing, "Now hitting for Babe Ruth, Rob Thomas." (or whatever the boy's name was. As you can see above The Bambino spent some time with Our Robbie T who has been afflicted with Steve Martin Premature Grayness. (you may see a similar pic on Rob's blog, but this stunt was my idea, and I should get to post it too. Though turning it black an white I stole from him).

1 comment:

Blogger said...

For the record, I'm going (platinum) blond ... not gray.