Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Sometimes a Fantasy

Good morning, gentlemen. Welcome to another season of Trolley's Football.

The obvious follow up post to yesterday's is the boring post about who I drafted. I went into this draft without buying a magazine or even knowing who was available after each team's one keeper was subtracted from the mix. I went into the actual draft with a hangover and a cold beginning that I still have.

Of course none of this matters because I have the worst luck anyway. You want to see Payton Manning throw more INTs than TDs put him in Trolley red. Another problem I've had with my team is that as the Browns fall out of contention, usually mid October, I lose interest in my team.

Anyway, this year I just unapologetically took who I wanted, (i.e. Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow), these picks weren't reaches where they were selected but I believe 100% that my luck has had a direct negative effect on the actual players health. I actually had both of these players on my roster when they ended their seasons with injuries early on in their rookie years. Anyway even the untrained eye will see patterns such as Browns, Buckeyes, and AFC North players.

Without further ado, your 2007 Raleigh Trolleys:

QB
Tom Brady 2
Eli Manning 9

RB
Willie Parker K
Rudi Johnson 1
Brandon Jackson 6

WR
Laverneus Coles 3
Braylon Edwards 4
Terry Glenn 8
Anthony Gonzales 10
Tedd Ginn 15

TE
K2 The Soldier 5
Troy Scheffler

K
Robbie Gould 12
Rob Bironas 14 (When you gonna kick it now, ah kick it now, starting kicker for the BYE Bironas)

DEF
Ravens 7
49ers 13

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not a bad draft overall actually, however that may be the most suspect group of wideouts I have ever seen. I think your Tom Brady pick is going to pay off huge to the tune of 37 TD passes this year (barring anything unforseen).

Spungalo said...

I know my WR corp sucks, and i appreciate the faith in Brady but it would mean a little coming from someone without a Pats tat on his forearm.

Anonymous said...

Granted that my Patriots rooting posture would seem to cloud my judgement, but given the fact that T-Bone was good for 3,000 yards plus almost every year and 20 to 25 TD's per year throwing to grocery baggers, the addition of Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Kelley Washington and the mercurial Randy Moss would lead one to believe that those numbers will increase dramtically...if all else fails though, he's damn hot right?