Monday, January 21, 2008

Reverse Psychology

Spuncie, Jay Biz, T-Money, and Best Steve
taking part in Budweiser's new aluminum bottle ad campaign

Sunday was the big day, Championship Sunday. Doors open at one and close when everyone leaves. Between still feeling the effects of the previous nights activities, and the amount of caffeine in my system from an Alka Seltzer Morning Relief and a Red Bull, I was a bit of a mess the second I walked in the door. Luckily there was plenty of beer to help put me right again. The best thing is that it fell on the Sunday before MLK day, giving me plenty of recovery time, which I needed.

I wish I could report that I won the raffle this year but I'm not as lucky as Jay B, who was the odds on favorite to take home the prize again. I did turn on my cellphone at 3 am to find a text msg from Ray Kovacs that I won 75 bucks for a square for the 3rd quarter of the Packers game. That pretty much covered my day.Here's Jay B calling his shot, and prematurely and incorrectly
declaring himself the winner for 2 straight years


Again I will go on record that this is the best event of the year. It's almost entirely people I know, it's 30 bucks for all the food and beer/booze you can consume, and you have a chance at winning money!!! I have to get my ticket for next year now.

3 comments:

Blogger said...

No pics of Jimmy Timid Deer? Good call.

Anonymous said...

That looks like fun. It doesn't look like there are any women there. Is this one of those secret sociey events?

Spungalo said...

that's why it was fun.