Friday, January 4, 2008

Fuel

As reported on this blog last night, somewhat in detail, last night was a truly historic event in our country's history. So important in fact that our local news paper ran a front page story about Celeste pumping gas!!! Where was the story about the kick off of the Presidential Primaries? Below the fold and it was an artcle that was picked up off of the Associated Press wire. Adding insult it contained 2 stock photos of the victors.

I understand that the price of oil is a big story right now, seeing as how it's over $100.00 a barrel for the first time. But this was presented as a local interest story. I don't know if it's just more of the usual cluelessness of the Star Beacon, or if it's just another example of a story about fear trumping a story about hope. I'm guessing a little of both.

Knowing how Celeste feels about the current administration, I'm guessing she'll agree with me. I ended up not reading either articles. The online edition didn't have any quotes from Celeste, but I was hoping there were some, because I'm willing to bet she'd place some blame on the White House. Either way here is your chance Celeste.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First of all, I would just like to thank you for showing this god-awful picture to the few people who might have missed it the other day. Everyone loves to have a bad picture of themselves posted on the front page from time to time. Anyway the lovely jackass who took this picture did not ask for any quotes, I'm sure I could have given some after I threatened his life if he printed my picture. I refuse to get started of a political rant, as it is too early in the day. I'll just say, WE WON IOWA!!!!