Monday, October 15, 2007

Bulls On Parade



This should be a post about a HUGE NE Ohio sports weekend. Indians score 7 runs in the 11th at 1:37 am to beat the Red Sox and tie the series 1-1. The Buckeyes crushed Kent, as expected, then sat around as LSU and Cal lost nail biters to vault OSU up to number one in all the polls including the first release of the BCS poll, and the Browns beat the winless Dolphins. It got a little scary at one point but instead of shutting down and playing not to lose, which always leads to losing, the Browns kept pouring on the O.

Instead this blog will be about where I watched most of these events occur, and what happened after. I went to Robbie T's after the Bucks game but in time to see the end of the Kentucky vs. LSU triple OT finish, ending just in time for first pitch and on through the Browns game.

Here is where the difference lies between your team winning and losing and why we cheer so hard. At 1:30 in the morning we were certainly tired enough, and had drank enough to just call it a night, and that's exactly what would have happened had the Tribe lost. Instead we
drank until 4:30 in the morning, or until there was no more beer or booze, and aereated Rob's walls and ceiling with darts. No we weren't so hammered we couldn't hit the board, but we did lack the type of common sense that tells you that it's impossible to throw a dart 30 feet across a room, from a seated position, under a 6'5" drop ceiling, from an 18 degree angle AND hit the board with 2 out of 3 darts, (honestly not all of us lacked that common sense, thanks for the winnings Bolls).

Rob and Bolls throwing from their knees out of the utility room, over the bar, from about 17" away


This shot looks easier than the one from the knees, but the ceiling is even lower directly above the bar so that is how that dart you see in the top left ended up her.

Nuff Said






6 comments:

Blogger said...

Good times ...

Spungalo said...

Sure were. And I'm hoping I'm off the hook, the Tribe won without me watching in the Man Cave.

Anonymous said...

It seemed like I always had that 3rd dart in my hand ready to claim victory, alas that 3rd dart never made the board.

It was better than your 0-3 performance from the couch. I thought you had a picture of me throwing from there?

Spungalo said...

It's just you sitting on the couch, no action and it was kinda dark in that corner so it didn't turn out that great.

Oh and I only took that bet because I felt bad taking all your money. It's like winning a big pot and cashing out. I never said I could do it, I just tried it because it would have been weak not too.

I did how ever get 2 out of three from the line laying on my back throwing upside down and backwards.

Anonymous said...

You say "take all of my money" like you actually did something to earn it. All you did was cash in on my overconfidence. I'll take just about any bet, especially when the ball, dart or whatever is in my hands, and I win it or lose it.

By the way, you guys got me for about $25 all together. It won't happen again.

Had a great time though, the entertainment was well worth the $25 lost.

Spungalo said...

I believe the saying here is, "A fool and his money are soon parted."

It was a great night, been a while since I've stayed in and had that much fun. Even though I prefer it.

And thanks for picking up subway, that was big, and considerate. Not the place most people want to go for others, I know I do plenty of it at school.

Next time I want to see you beat Rob deep.